Who is the player Liverpool are prepared to battle Man United for? talkSPORT's Transfer Spotlight has more on Filip Djuricic...
Name: Filip Djuricic
Date of birth: 30 January 1992
Position: Attacking midfielder
International: 7 Serbia caps to date (8 November 2012)
What's the latest?
Liverpool are reportedly about to nick 20-year-old Filip Djuricic from under the noses of rivals Man United. The Reds are in need of additional firepower, as Fabio Borini's injury and Andy Carroll loan spell has left Luis Suarez as the only striker and a bid of £4m is thought to be enough for Heerenveen to let their man go.
Did you know?
1) He made his debut for Heerenveen in the Dutch club's 2-1 win against Waalwijk in February 2010, shortly after his 18th birthday. A month after his Eredivisie debut, Djuricic scored his first goal for the club, putting Heerenveen ahead against Alkmaar, who ran out out 4-1 winners.
2) If Man United miss out on Djuricic, it will not be the first time. At the start of the year in 2009, the young Serb was on trial at the Old Trafford club, but didn't sign him, with suggestions that a failure to secure a work permit for his services was the reason.
3) Having played at every age level for Serbia from the U16 age group, Djuricic made his full international debut in a 0-0 draw with Cyprus in February 2012. Barely 300 people turned out to watch the match in Larnaca.
4) His pace, strength, balance and eye for a pass has seen Djuricic star for Heerenveen this season, playing just behind the team's front man. He has scored twice in seven Eredivisie appearances, while also finding the back of the net twice in three Europa League matches.
5) He was one of the players who inflicted Wales' heaviest defeat since 1996, when he scored Serbia's third in a 6-1 World Cup qualifier thumping in Belgrade in October.
What is being said?
“I'll always remember that time I spent with United with a smile on my face, but the truth is that I've not thought about this for a while now.”
Do Liverpool need a player like Djuricic?