PSV defender Riechedly Bazoer is still only 16, but Manchester City, Arsenal and Newcastle have all shown an interest in the young defender. Chelsea have recently joined the chase, and are thought to be pulling ahead in the quest for his signature. talkSPORT's Transfer Spotlight have more on the stopper...
Name: Riechedly Bazoer
Date of birth: 10 December, 1996
Club: PSV Eindhoven
International: Five caps for Netherlands U17
What's the latest?
PSV recently offered Bazoer his first professional contract with the club, but it looks unlikely that he'll accept the deal, with the youngster having previously met with Manchester City staff in Manchester, and currently about to visit Arsenal and Chelsea in order to determine his future. PSV had put pressure on Bazoer to turn down a big money offer to come to the Premier League, but his presence in England this week suggests he's likely to ignore their advice.
Did you know?
1) Bazoer joined the PSV academy as a 10-year-old in 2006, and has advanced through every level in their youth system on a yearly basis to arrive at their reserve side PSV A1, coached by former Barcelona striker Philip Cocu. His quick progress in that side has alerted clubs across England, Italy and Spain to his potential, which is impressive considering he has yet to sign a professional deal.
2) The defender cites PSG centreback Thiago Silva as an influence, saying he's a 'fantastic footballer in every respect', and also notes that FC Barcelona are his favourite team.
3) Bazoer has had a successful start to his international career, making five appearances as Netherlands captain in their 2012 UEFA Under-17 Championship victory, defeating teams including Belgium, Poland and Germany to win the tournament.
4) The youngster already has experience of playing on British soil for PSV's youth side in this year's NextGen Series, though the Dutch team suffered defeats on both occasions, against Celtic and Aston Villa.
5) As well as centre-back, Bazoer can play defensive midfield and his versatility even led Ajax to attempt to lure him from PSV, despite a gentlemen's agreement between the two clubs that they wouldn't poach each other's youth talents.
“We have offered him a professional contract now he has turned 16. What is his intention? Is it to develop or go for bigger money in England? It is his choice and the agent will do his best for the player. The only thing we an do is offer him good possibilities in terms of coaching and prospects.”
PSV Sporting director Marcel Brands
Check out this video of Bazoer and a fellow PSV graduate imitating the skills of Cristiano Ronaldo, Ibrahim Afellay and more...
Which of the big English sides should Bazoer sign for? Leave a comment below and have your say...