As reported on talkSPORT, Arsenal and Liverpool are keeping tabs on Braga forward Eder, following the Portuguese international's stunning start to the season. With more on this exciting talent, it's talkSPORT's Transfer Spotlight.
Name: Éderzito António Macedo Lopes (Éder)
Date of birth: 22/12/87
Birthplace: Bissau, Guinea-Bissau
International: Four Portugal caps
What's the latest?
The 24-year-old is lighting up the Portuguese Premier Division having scored six goals in seven league appearances for Braga since his summer switch from Academica Coimbra. His performance in Portugal have reportedly seen a whole host of European clubs take notice, with Arsenal and Liverpool believed to be interested in bringing him to England.
Did you know?
1) Originally from Guinea-Bissau in west Africa, Éder move to Portugal at a young age and was brought into the Ademia youth academy.
2) He developed his game quickly and left Ademia in 2006 to play for fourth tier side Oliveira Hospital. It was during the 2006/07 season that Éder made his senior debut for Oliveira, before joining Tourizense the next season and then Premier Division side Academica in the summer of 2008.
3) Éder only joined Braga from Academica in July 2012, after spending four years at the club. During that time he helped fire Academica to only their second Portuguese Cup in the club's history.
4) During Academica's run to the final, which saw them beat Sporting Lisbon 1-0 in May, Éder bagged crucial goals in the last 16 and quarter finals to help them progress. He finished the season with seven goals in 22 appearances, an amount he has nearly surpassed this term.
5) Before his free transfer to Braga in the summer, Harry Redknapp was rumoured to be interested in taking the prolific forward to Tottenham. However, since his move, the Portuguese giants have slapped a £24m buy-out clause on him, making him one of the club's most valuable assets.
“Éder is out to prove he may well be the future striker the Selecção and Braga need by proving to be a reliable attacking focal point, able to hold up the ball and link up play” - PortuGOAL.net
Is Éder the sort of player Liverpool and Arsenal should be monitoring? What would he add to either side? Have your say by commenting below...