His form this season has drawn admiring glances from clubs in England, with Liverpool joining the queue, so for more on Efe Ambrose, have a look at talkSPORT's Transfer Spotlight...
Name: Efe Ambrose
Date of birth: 18/10/88
Born: Kaduna, Nigeria
International: 22 Nigeria caps and one goal (correct as of 22 February, 2013)
What's the latest?
With so much talent on display at Celtic Park this season, many seats have been filled by Premier League club scouts keen to have a closer look at players like Gary Hooper and Victor Wanyama. Defender Efe Ambrose is the latest name to be linked with a move south - in this case to Liverpool, with Brendan Rodgers reportedly keen on strengthening a back line that will soon lose Jamie Carragher - and Neil Lennon, the Celtic manager, has admitted to being aware of interest, though that is all it is at the moment.
1) Quick and versatile, Ambrose prefers playing in the centre of defence, but can play at right-back and is also able to operate in front of the back four, too. Juventus horror show aside, he is known for his dominant and commanding displays.
2) Celtic signed him on deadline day last summer from Israeli side Ashdod where he had been playing since moving there from Kaduna United in Nigeria in 2010. Ambrose scored his first goal in a 5-0 win at St Mirren in October and celebrated in style (see video evidence below).
3) Ambrose was a member of the Nigeria U20 World Cup squad that reached the quarter finals in 2007 and won an Olympic silver medal at the Beijing Games the following year. At the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa, his stellar performances helped Nigeria win their third title.
4) Prior to Nigeria's 1-0 win against Burkina Faso in the final, Ambrose and his international team-mates were promised a week of free sex if they won the competition, according to Jessica Elvis, the nice lady from the Association of Nigerian Prostitutes. Celtic fans were wishing he had taken up the offer instead of returning to the first team and gifting Juventus two goals and missing a sitter in the Bhoys' 3-0 defeat at Celtic Park in the Champions League last 16 clash.
5) Since the Juventus game, he has scored in successive games, first in the 6-2 thrashing of Dundee United, then in the 1-1 draw at St Johnstone.
What is being said?
“We are not doing anything before we speak to Celtic first. Efe is under contract and is playing for one of the best clubs in the world.”
- Dudu Dahan
“I am happy to be linked with a club like Liverpool. My dream is to play across the border. The English league is the best but I am happy at Celtic. I love the fans here.”
Do you think Efe Ambrose would improve the Liverpool squad? Keep up to date on all the latest transfer rumours by clicking here.