England centres Brad Barritt and Billy Twelvetrees have both kept their place in the England team for the 6 Nations fixture against Ireland.
Leicester Tigers' Manu Tuilagi had been expected to come back into the starting XV but finds himself on the bench, where he replaces David Strettle.
James Haskell's inclusion is the only change from the starting line-up against Scotland at Twickenham Stadium last weekend, and Tom Wood will move across to No 8 in place of the injured Ben Morgan.
Thomas Waldrom comes on to the replacements’ bench in place of the Wasps man.
England Head Coach Stuart Lancaster said: “We were pleased with our intent to play against Scotland.
"A lot of the players performed very well and with Manu coming back into the equation it gave us some selection decisions. But with the centres playing well last week and Manu still returning to match fitness, having not played for the last four weeks, he and others will give us great options from the bench in what I am sure will be a physical encounter.
“It was good to have Billy Vunipola be able to train with us in the middle of the week but he needs some game time so he and David Strettle will be available for their clubs this weekend.”
Henry Thomas of Sale Sharks will travel as the 24th man tighthead prop cover following this evening’s Aviva Premiership match against Exeter Chiefs.
England team to play Ireland on Sunday at 3pm
15. Alex Goode (Saracens, 7 caps)
14. Chris Ashton (Saracens, 30 caps)
13. Brad Barritt (Saracens, 12 caps)
12. Billy Twelvetrees (Gloucester Rugby, 1 cap)
11. Mike Brown (Harlequins, 12 caps)
10. Owen Farrell (Saracens, 13 caps)
9. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 29 caps)
1. Joe Marler (Harlequins, 6 caps)
2. Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 5 caps)
3. Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers, 36 caps)
4. Joe Launchbury (London Wasps, 5 caps)
5. Geoff Parling (Leicester Tigers, 13 caps)
6. James Haskell (London Wasps, 46 caps)
7. Chris Robshaw (Harlequins, capt, 13 caps)
8. Tom Wood (Northampton Saints, 14 caps)
16. Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints, 43 caps)
17. David Wilson (Bath Rugby, 23 caps)
18. Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 5 caps)
19. Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 16 caps)
20. Thomas Waldrom (Leicester Tigers, 4 caps)
21. Danny Care (Harlequins, 38 caps)
22. Toby Flood (Leicester Tigers, 54 caps)
23. Manusamoa Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers, 17 caps)